I spent more than a dozen years as editor (three of those as publisher) of The Jewish Sound, formerly known as JTNews, formerly known as the Jewish Transcript.
In that job I:
- Set the editorial vision of the publication, both in print and online.
- Served as chief decision maker for all of the publication’s content, then acted on turning those ideas into published content.
- Reported and wrote multiple articles, and edited nearly all of the publication’s content.
- Simultaneously published multiple web products and auxiliary print resource guides.
- Represented the publication to our community and board of directors.
- Continually sought to grow the business financially and product-wise.
- Had an amazing experience acting as the thread that tied a community together.
These sample articles represent the more recent of the hundreds I produced during my tenure (all in PDF format).
- A plea to save our dying bee population
- A look back following the 100th anniversary of a local seniors’ community
- A follow-up about the future of the agency
- A call to vote in favor of funding to preserve local bus service
For the Flip the Media site:
- Catching up with people who’ve outgrown their dream jobs.
- A discussion on the world-changing ramifications of Facebook changing its Like button to six “Reactions.”
- The story of a woman who uses content strategy and marketing to save our world’s oceans.