How does one turn more than 12 years of work into a single page of a portfolio? As a journalist and leader of an award-winning community media company, I wrote hundreds of news articles, informational pieces, and strategic documents. As CEO of this organization, I oversaw multiple publications and products that informed, educated and excited thousands of readers while overseeing success of the business. Here’s a nutshell of the work I did:
- I targeted overall voice and editorial strategy toward niche demographic.
- I led advertising and marketing initiatives that my team carried out.
- I collaborated with my executive board, journalists, designers, our sales team, and other stakeholders to deliver our publications week in and week out.
- I used analytics and audience feedback to continually assess and improve content quality.
- I served as the voice of the organization by meeting regularly with community leaders, audience, and company ownership.
- I established content marketing plans that generated increase in ad revenue and client satisfaction.
- I envisioned, developed and launched a niche news and information site for young adults that served as a community builder while garnering accolades for its innovation and creativity.
- I took pride in mentoring upcoming journalists as they launched their careers.
- I delivered our product on time, 100% of the time, in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines.
Download articles as they appeared in print from Joel’s tenure as Editor-in-Chief.
This slideshow gives an anatomy of how I transformed the web presence of the organization